Most items are loaned for three weeks, with a few exceptions.
|Material Type||Loan Period|
|Fast View DVDs and Blu-rays||3 days|
|All other DVDs & Blu-rays||7 days|
|Fast Read Books||7 days|
|Console games||7 days|
|7-day Mobile Hotspots (no holds)||7 days|
|Other Mobile Hotspots (reservable)||14 days|
|Doorway to Dayton Museum Passes||3 days|
|All other items||21 days|
Teachers may also request longer loan periods on items for classroom use. Please read our Teacher Card Policy for information.
Two days before their due date, most items will renew automatically. However, some items cannot be renewed:
- Fast View or Fast Read copies;
- 7-day Loan Mobile Hotspots
- Interlibrary Loans that have already renewed once;
- Regular items that have already renewed 6 times;
- Items requested by another patron.