UPDATE: Our front rooms are open for limited browsing. But we continue to offer contactless "Curbside" pickup appointments outside the front entrance, to minimize indoor visitors. Schedule a pickup.
Patrons with available holds who have not scheduled a pickup may request their items at the front desk inside.
Book drops are unlocked, to accept returns at all hours.
Contactless Curbside Pickup
Place a hold request, and once your items are ready, then schedule a pickup time.
Get up to 10 items per pickup, as often as once a week.
How to schedule a pickup:
- Place a hold request.
- Use the online Library Catalog; choose "Curbside Pickup" as your pickup location.
- Or, call us to request over the phone. Have your library card number ready when you call.
- Wait to be notified you have holds ready.
- You'll get an email, text, or phone call depending on your notification preference on file, letting you know your item is available.
- Choose a pickup hour.
- Once your hold is available, schedule online or call us at 937-294-7171; library card number required.
- If you have more than 10 holds available, tell us which ones you want first. (Otherwise we'll pick for you.)
- Before your pickup hour, we'll pre-checkout your held items, so they're ready for you to grab and go!
- Visit our outdoor pickup location.
- Anytime during your pickup hour, visit our pickup location (outside the front entrance starting Monday June 29).
- A staff member will be present, at a safe distance, while you pick up your items.
- You'll need to verify your library card number to take your items.
Note: Last minute hold requests are unlikely to be included in your pickup. If you schedule a pickup when no holds are available for you, your pickup will be canceled.
Return items in our book drops or the return cart near the entrance. Recent returns remain on your card for several days before being checked in or re-circulated, while they are quarantined inside the library. No overdue fines are being charged for items returned before July 1.
To help us manage safe material handling and physical distancing, please:
- limit 1 pickup a week per cardholder (maximum 3 per week per household).
- schedule a separate pickup slot for each cardholder.
- pickup 10 items at a time. If you have more than 10 items being held, schedule another pickup the following week.
- schedule only after you're notified items are ready for pickup.
- schedule a time at least 4 hours in advance.
- contact us in advance if you need special accommodations, like help getting items to your car.
- wear face covering if possible, to protect our staff and other visitors.
Have you been notified your hold is available for pickup? Select your pickup hour here!