On February 14, 2019, Wright Memorial Public Library will be 80 years old! To celebrate, we’re collecting poetry, short stories, fast fiction, essays, and art to be compiled in an online and printed publication. We’re especially looking for pieces that focus on place (libraries, the Miami Valley) or the passage of time, both as we look back to the past and forward to the future. Imagine life in 1939 or a library in space. Write about our namesakes, Wilbur, Orville, and Katharine Wright. No matter the topic, all well-executed and compelling literature and art will be considered. Publication is planned for February 14, 2019. See below for submission information. Contact Elizabeth Schmidt with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 937-294-7171
- Submit fiction, poetry, essays, and artwork between September 15, 2018-January 15, 2019. You may submit up to 3 pieces for consideration.
- You must be at least 12 years old and live in Oakwood or the Greater Dayton area to be considered for publication.
- Electronic submissions only. Please use our submission form. Multiple submissions (up to 3) require a separate form for each submission.
- For written work, please use 12 pt. Times New Roman font. Document should be double spaced and saved in doc, docx, or txt format
- DO NOT include name, address, or bio anywhere on your submitted document or image.
- Fiction and essays - limit 2000 word count
- Poetry - limit 50 lines
- Artwork may be submitted as image in pdf, jpg, png, or gif format.