|Dates & times
Sunday, October 15, 2023
Watch the presentation on Wright Library's YouTube Channel
Location: Wright Library Community Room, or watch online
If you missed Sara's talk, she will be speaking throughout Dayton in the coming months. Visit sarakaushal.com for a list of dates or to purchase her books.
Community Room seating capacity is 80. Please arrive early to ensure your seat. If you cannot attend in person, please request the virtual link.
Author Sara Kaushal shares facts surrounding the long-told legends of Dayton
All towns have their legends and Dayton is no exception. As part of the Far Hills Speaker Series, author Sara Kaushal will share facts surrounding the long-told ghost stories of Dayton from her new book, Dayton Ghosts and Legends.
As in her previous book, Murder and Mayhem in Dayton, Sara will tell us stories of:
- Paul Sorg who still sits in his favorite seat in the Sorg Opera House more than a hundred years after his death
- the so-called phantom terrorized truck drivers crossing the Englewood Dam before disappearing for good
- the famed Butter Street Monster who roams Germantown
- Magee Park, home to numerous bigfoot and ghost sightings—and even a unicorn sighting
- the tower on Patterson Boulevard in Kettering near Hills and Dales Park, a building of many names which has been the source of stories for generations, but only now is its true story finally told.
About the Presenter
A native Daytonian and avid historian, Sara Kaushal has enjoyed uncovering little known facts about Dayton’s history and its residents with anyone who shared her love of Dayton history. Starting with her blog, Dayton Unknown, Sara has shared with her readers all types of historical information. Her first book, Murder and Mayhem in Dayton and the Miami Valley was a result of Sara’s research that stemmed from stories and reader comments to her blog.
The Far Hills Speaker Series is presented through a partnership between the Oakwood Historical Society and Wright Memorial Public Library.