Services for Families, Kids, and Teens
Wright Library offers a range of services to support the educational needs of children and teens:
- Book Buddies: connects teen volunteers with reluctant K-3rd grade readers for reading practice and encouragement.
- Tumblebooks, Hoopla, Kanopy Kids, and Ohio Digital Library: access bountiful audiobooks, chapter books, picture books, easy readers, read-alongs, animated story books, music, movies, magazines and more. All you need is a Wright Library library card or eCard.
- Teen Volunteer Program: become a volunteer and earn community service hours while supporting your community.
- Request a BookFlight for children or teens and get a small bundle of items handpicked for your child based on their preferences.
- Doorway to Dayton Pass: Borrow a 3-day family pass to explore Dayton's most enriching activities! Passes include the Dayton Art Institute, Aullwood Audubon Center, and Dayton History/Carillon Historical Park. Reserve through the online catalog.
Wright Library supports educators' needs by offering a special card for professional use. Home educators and school teachers can apply for a Teacher's Library Card, which allows for longer loan periods, higher item limits, and some fine forgiveness. Please see the Teacher Library Cards page for the full policy and to complete an application, or request a Teacher Collection.
This site will help you find a book's Accelerated Reader (ATOS) level and point value. Quick Search an individual title or use Advanced Search to generate a list of titles that fit your specific needs. Please note: the library does not own every book found on the AR Book Find site.
Sign up any child from birth up to age 5 to receive a new book in the mail each month at no cost to you.