Both voter registration forms and absentee ballot applications are available at Wright Memorial Public Library. The forms can be found outside the library near the entrance or inside by request at the information desk. Library staff are available to assist with voter registration.
According to the Ohio Secretary of State's office, you must register or update your voter registration no later than 30 days prior to an election. The voter registration deadline for the Nov. 3 General Election is Oct. 5. If you register or update your information after the deadline, the change will apply for the next election.
You can vote ONE of these ways:
- Absentee mail-in ballot
- Early in-person voting
- In-person voting on November 3
Both absentee voting by mail and early in-person voting begin Oct. 6. Check the Early Voting Schedule for list of hours.
To vote by mail, you must first apply to have an Absentee Ballot mailed to you:
- Request a ballot by submitting an Absentee Ballot Application (due to Board of Elections no later than noon, October 31)
- Wait to receive your actual Absentee Ballot in the mail
- Complete and return your Absentee Ballot; it must be postmarked by Nov. 2 or delivered in person to your county board of elections before the poles close on Nov. 3
How do I get an Absentee Ballot? To request a ballot, complete the Ballot Application form and mail it to your local Board of Elections. They will then mail you your Absentee Ballot.
What if I don't have a printer? Wright Library has printed forms available in a box outside the library entrance.
You can also call your County Board of Elections to request the Ballot Request form by mail. You will have to complete and return this request in order to receive your actual Absentee Ballot. You may also follow directions from the Secretary of State to create your own application with the following information:
- Montgomery County BOE (open M-F, 8AM-4PM): 937-225-5656
- Directory of all Ohio Boards of Elections
Voters who can’t print their own form may simply write the following information on a blank sheet of paper.
Write: “I’m a qualified elector and I’m requesting an absentee ballot for the November 3 general election”
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Registration Address
- Mailing Address (if different from your registration address)
- Ohio driver’s license number OR last four digits of your Social Security number OR include a COPY of an acceptable form of ID
Sign and date your letter
What's on my ballot? (Select FIND BALLOTS)