Patrons are responsible for all materials checked out on their library card. If materials are returned late, their account will be assessed fines as follows:
|Material Type||Fines Per Day||Max. Fine per item|
|Interlibrary loans (SearchOhio & OhioLINK)||$0.50||$5 for SearchOhio
$15 for OhioLINK
|Fast Read Books||$0.50||$5.00|
|Doorway to Dayton Museum Passes||$1.00||$25.00|
|Digital Collections (eBooks, eAudiobooks)||n/a||n/a|
|All other materials||$0.10||$2.50|
Cards with charges of $10.00 or more are restricted from borrowing.
- Lost or damaged items (other than lost or damaged interlibrary loans) are charged to the patron's account at the item's retail cost + $5 processing fee.
- Paying replacement cost - If the replacement cost is paid, the $5 processing charge will be waived.
- In-kind replacements - Patrons may choose to provide the Library with a new, identical item to replace the lost or damaged material, but will be charged the $5.00 processing fee.
- Refunds - replacement cost can be refunded on items found within 3 months of payment, less the overdue fine. No refund can be issued for in-kind replacements or processing fees.
- Accounts not settled within 60 days may be turned over to a collection agency, and a $13.00 non-refundable collection agency fee will be assessed.
Materials borrowed from other libraries which are not returned within 30 days of their due date will be billed for the replacement cost, which varies from $25 to $110 + overdue fines. Not all loaning libraries accept replacement items for lost materials, so please contact us before purchasing a replacement copy. See Interlibrary Loan FAQs for more information.