Patrons are responsible for all materials checked out on their library card. If materials are returned late, their account will be assessed fines as follows:
|Material Type||Fines Per Day||Max. Fine per item|
|Interlibrary loans (SearchOhio & OhioLINK)||$0.50||$5 for SearchOhio|
$10 for OhioLINK
|Fast Read Books||$0.50||$5.00|
Library of Things items such as:
|Digital Collections (eBooks, eAudiobooks)||n/a||n/a|
|All other materials||$0||n/a|
Cards with charges of $10.00 or more are restricted from borrowing.
- Lost or damaged items (other than lost or damaged interlibrary loans) are charged to the patron's account at the item's retail cost + $5 processing fee.
- Paying replacement cost - If the replacement cost is paid, the $5 processing charge will be waived.
- In-kind replacements - Patrons may choose to provide the Library with a new, identical item to replace the lost or damaged material, but will be charged the $5.00 processing fee.
- Refunds - replacement cost can be refunded on items found within 3 months of payment, less the overdue fine. No refund can be issued for in-kind replacements or processing fees.
- Accounts carrying a balance of $25 for more than 45 days may be turned over to a collection agency and assessed a non-refundable collection agency fee.
Materials borrowed from other libraries which are not returned within 30 days of their due date will be billed for the replacement cost, which varies from $25 to $75. Not all loaning libraries accept replacement items for lost materials, so please contact us before purchasing a replacement copy. See Interlibrary Loan FAQs for more information.
Or visit our Patron & Borrowing Policies Page.