Mobile Hotspots are available to check out from the library. Find them at the Audiovisual Desk on the lower level.
- The circulation of mobile hotspots is governed by the Circulating Mobile Devices Policy. A Device Loan Agreement must be signed before a device can be checked out.
- Devices have a 21 day lending period and can be renewed up to 6 times, if not on hold for another patron.
- Hot spots can be placed on hold.
- Overdue fees are $1.00 a day. Service will be suspended on devices kept after the due date.
- Replacement cost for lost or damaged devices is $70.
- Replacement costs for accessories are set in the Circulating Mobile Devices Policy.
- Hotspots should be returned to a service desk and not in book drops.
- Users accept and agree to follow the Wright Memorial Public Library’s policies for Circulating Mobile Devices and Internet Use.
- Devices are ZTE Warp Connect Mobile Hotspots
- Up to 5 devices can be connected to one hotspot.
- Internet service is provided on Sprint’s 4G LTE network. Coverage can be checked at http://coverage.sprint.com. Coverage is not guaranteed.
- Devices are not equipped to roam and are not covered in Extended LTE, LTE Roaming and Off-network Roaming areas.
- Hotspots cannot be used internationally.
- Data is unlimited, but speed can be affected by Quality of Service adjustments on the network.
- Enjoy up to 10 hours of connectivity after the device is fully charged. To save the charge, turn off the device by pressing and holding the power button.
If the hotspot is not working,
- Verify that the device is on and charged or plugged in.
If the hotspot is not showing as an available network on the device you want to connect,
- Verify that Wi-Fi is turned on in the hotspot.
If the Wi-Fi password/key is not being accepted by the device you want to connect,
- Make sure you are using capital letters. The password/key is case sensitive.
If you continue to have trouble, please return to the library with the device.